So I found this book tag on YouTube around this time last year, so I figured that I would do it again this year too! This tag was originally created by the YouTube channel Novels and Nonsense, so everyone should definitely go there, watch it, and then do the tag themselves! I really really love this tag, especially since I’m completely in love with fall to begin with.
1. Crunching Leaves: The world is full of color- Choose a book that has reds, oranges, or yellows on the cover.
I actually just finished the book I’m choosing for this one, and that is Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Córdova! I’m currently writing my review for this one, so it isn’t up on my blog yet, but if you follow my Goodreads you’ll know I finished this one in just one day and I’m completely, totally obsessed with it at this point!
2. Cozy Sweater: It’s finally cool enough to don warm cozy clothing- What book gives you the warm fuzzies?
I know that Always and Forever, Lara Jean isn’t actually out yet, buuuut I already know that its going to make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside like the first two books did. I swear, I don’t really like rereading books, but this is a trilogy I would have no problem rereading over and over and over again.
3. Fall Storm: The wind is howling & the rain is pounding- Choose your favorite book OR genre that you like to read on a stormy day
I’m not a huge contemporary reader, that’s for sure, but when it’s all stormy and cold outside, I always find myself picking up a contemporary read versus my usual fantasy. I think it’s something about the cute couples in the books that always make me so happy versus the always dramatic, intricate plots of fantasy novels. I do love my fantasy books, but sometimes its nice to take a break!
4. Cool crisp air: What’s the coolest character you’d want to trade places with?
I honestly don’t have a solid answer for this one. I mean, if I choose contemporary the characters aren’t really all that cool, but if I choose a fantasy character, I’ve probably got some horrible past and I lost my entire family and all my friends, and now I’m trying to take back a kingdom I didn’t know I had.. So I think I’ll just go with reading about the characters.
5. Hot apple cider: What under hyped book do you want to see become the next biggest, hottest thing?
I’m going to have to go with Elise Kova’s books for this one. I don’t think that they’re under hyped necessarily because they do get some pretty good recognition on Instagram and Goodreads, but I definitely think she deserves way more! I’ve read the first few chapters of her newest book coming out in January, and it’s just as amazing! I really hope she starts to get more attention for her amazing writing.
6. Coat, scarves, and mittens: The weather has turned cold & it’s time to cover up- What’s the most embarrassing book cover you own that you like to keep hidden in public?
Alright, so just like last year, I really don’t read that many books that have cringy titles. I did start reading the Vampire Academy books though, and those book covers are pretty cringy, even I have to admit…
7. Pumpkin spice: What’s your favorite Fall time comforts food/foods?
Pssssssh, this answer so hasn’t changed from the past year when I answered this first. My answer is, and forever will be: Cookies, Pumpkin pie, Hot chocolate, and mashed potatoes. They are still everything I need for the rest of my life.
8. Warm , cozy bonfire: Spread the cozy warmth- Who do you tag?
And again, just like the last time I answered this, I’m going to be tagging anyone who is reading this! I love doing holiday or season themed book tags, and I know others do, too! So if you do the tag, make sure to leave your link here, I’d love to check your tag posts out!
I hope everyone has a fantabulous day/evening/morning/whenever you’re reading this and happy reading!