As soon as I saw that this blog tour was going on on Twitter, I practically sprinted over to my email and prayed that I got chosen to be a part of it. And lucky me, I get to be stop nine on the tour! I’m so excited to be a part of the street team for SJTR!
I also was lucky enough to receive an ARC from the publisher, but I have yet to finish it. I have barely a fourth left of it, but I don’t think I’ll be able to actually finish it in time to write a proper review for my stop on this tour.
Instead, I’m going to be giving the top five reasons I either already love this book (spoiler free of course) or a few reasons I’m excited for it in general.
But before we get started on that, lets talk cover and synopsis!
Title: Stalking Jack the Ripper
Author: Kerri Maniscalco
Publisher: Jimmy Patterson
Published: September 20th 2016
Presented by James Patterson's new children's imprint, this deliciously creepy horror novel has a storyline inspired by the Ripper murders and an unexpected, blood-chilling conclusion...
Seventeen-year-old Audrey Rose Wadsworth was born a lord's daughter, with a life of wealth and privilege stretched out before her. But between the social teas and silk dress fittings, she leads a forbidden secret life.
Against her stern father's wishes and society's expectations, Audrey often slips away to her uncle's laboratory to study the gruesome practice of forensic medicine. When her work on a string of savagely killed corpses drags Audrey into the investigation of a serial murderer, her search for answers brings her close to her own sheltered world.
The story's shocking twists and turns, augmented with real, sinister period photos, will make this dazzling debut from author Kerri Maniscalco impossible to forget.
And now for why I’m so excited to read this book, mixed in with a few things that I’m already totally in love with:
1. That cover. I mean, hello gorgeous. I love the green colors on it, and how they give this smokey, totally creepy look on the streets of London. And the font is just perfect for what this novel is about, honestly.
2. I’ve always been fascinated with Jack the Ripper, simply because it amazes me that they were never caught. Plus, I tend to like creepy things like that. I mean, Halloween is my favorite time of year, clearly I’m going to be down for a book solely about Jack the Ripper, come on now.
3. It’s literally about a girl doing the exact opposite of what society of that day deemed fit for her. From what I’ve read so far, I love how Audrey refuses to accept that she can’t do what actually interests her: science.
4. Thomas. He’s so sarcastic and full of quick wit, I honestly didn’t stand a chance. The readers were meant to fall in love, and oops, I did. Whole heartedly.
5. It’s set in the Victorian Era. I mean, that’s enough said by itself.
If you didn’t learn it from the list, basically, every single one of you need to go out and pre order this book asap. And here’s where you can do that:
Annnnd, until that pre order gets to you, you can stalk all of the social medias:
I hope everyone has a fantabulous day/evening/morning/whenever you’re reading this and happy reading!