Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the girls over at The Brooke & The Bookish. This Week’s topic is ten characters everyone loves but I just don’t get. I’m not really sure if I have a lot of characters like this, so I’m going to split this into five characters everyone loves but I just don’t get and then five characters I love that other people don’t. So without further ado:
Five Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don’t Get
1. Choal from the Throne of Glass Series– I’ve said it a thousand times before, and I’ll say it a thousand times again, I just don’t like this character. I saw that a lot of people said that Maas ruined his character in Queen of Shadows, but I started not liking him by the end of Throne of Glass and beginning of Crown of Midnight. He just seemed moody and kind of an ass, but not in a good Dorian kind of way, and I wasn’t feeling it.
3. Eleanor from Eleanor & Park– I was all for Eleanor until the end of this book when she dropped poor Park like a hot potato. I guess I just didn’t understand her struggle through the book, or why she was acting and feeling the way she was.
5. Jonas from the Falling Kingdoms Series– I’ve only finished the first book in this series, but I feel like I’m supposed to like Jonas, which makes me not like him… If that makes sense.. I’m telling you, I always choose the worse characters to get attached to.
I have a habit for really loving the characters people never like, or shipping the girl with the wrong side of the love triangle, so the next five aren’t really going to be a struggle like the first five.
Five Characters I Love But Everyone Else Doesn’t Seem To Like
6. Magnus from the Falling Kingdoms Series– Case and point: I fall in love with the worst characters. I’m sure he’s not the worst out there, I mean I could love Christian Grey after all, but he’s not exactly a good guy. But he’s sarcastic and tragic, therefore, my baby.
8. Rhysand from A Court of Thorns and Roses– As I’m typing up my reasoning for loving the characters I do, I’m noticing a pattern.. If they’re not supposed to be well liked, are sarcastic or down right mean sometimes, and if they have some sort of tragic back story, I’m immediately drawn to them. I can’t help it.
9. Rowan from the Throne of Glass Series– This one is a 50/50 to be completely honest. I see people either love him, or hate him with every fiber of their being and wish he wasn’t a part of the series. I, clearly, love him.
10. Gwyneth from the Ruby Red Trilogy– I guess I must be really picky with the girl characters I like because this is the only girl on the list… But oh well. She was whiny, and she did focus way too much on the main love interest, but considering everything that happened with her, she did alright. I liked her a lot more than other people seemed to.
I hope everyone has a fantabulous day/evening/morning/whenever you’re reading this and happy reading!